Motivated pharmacist with proven record of achievements in clinical and interdisciplinary settings. Experienced in providing empathetic quality patient care, facilitating patient advocacy, leading high-performing teams, healthcare management and interprofessional collaboration. Career marked by demonstrated success overseeing pharmacy operations and collaborating with patients and healthcare professionals to achieve optimal outcomes. In-depth clinical pharmacotherapy and drug product knowledge, expertise in compounding specialized and complex drug therapies, and skilled in conducting comprehensive drug utilization and medication reviews. Excel in providing clinical recommendations associated with drug interactions and generic and therapeutic alternatives. Strengths include compassionate motivational patient counseling, medication therapy management and knowledge of pharmacy software and information systems. Multilingual: Fluent in English, Igbo, and West African Pidgin; limited working proficiency in French and Spanish.
Carl T Hayden VA Medical Centre, Phoenix, Arizona May 2022-July 2023
Contract Pharmacist, A-Teams Solutions (ATS) Staffing
• Successfully reviewed and adjudicated time sensitive prescriptions requests (approx. 600-700 per week in Community Care CHOICE department) for formulary compliance and clinical appropriateness using evidence-based criteria and/or hospital therapeutics formulary guidelines including recommending therapeutic alternatives for optimal patient care.
• Collaborated with interdisciplinary health disciplines on high-priority consultations for pharmacological and non-pharmacological recommendations in continuation of care such as clinical order pathway, solution-based drug interaction and side-effect profile risks, patient specific dosing for diversified patient populations.
• Chosen by pharmacy supervisor to action hospital outpatient pharmacy discharge clinic. Distinguished interventions include anticoagulation dosing secondary to drug/food interactions, COVID-19 flag to inpatient clinical specialist (ICS) pharmacists and nursing team for pickup protocol, renal dosing, and motivational patient counseling.
• Active team-player contributor in performing last-line quality assurance checks in outpatient pharmacy and in vault operations through timely narcotics/controlled substance verification and inventory management.
• CLINICAL IMPACT
• Educated patients on chronic disease state management to improve health outcomes, improve patient knowledge and reduce re-admission rate.
• Created vaccine protocol that was accepted as Standard of Procedure for multi-division interdisciplinary vaccine clinics.
• Identified oppourtunities for individualised patient care (therapy plan, medication assistance educational materials).
• OPERATIONS IMPACT
• Achieved recognition for 100% quality assurance audit on prior auth drug reviews (PADR) with zero health factor subcategory discrepancy in quarter 2.
• Chosen by pharmacy supervisor as coordinator of vaccine distribution and served as subject matter expert to provide vaccine clinical information/resources for physicians, nurses and expanded healthcare professionals.
• Coordinated and supervised training for new pharmacists in vaccine team as the vaccination leader
• Spearheaded and successfully completed CDC visit to medical centre for quality assurance of storage/handling of vaccines.
CVS HEALTH, Phoenix, Arizona 2018-2022
HEALTH HUB Pharmacist
Health Hub Pharmacist Panel Software elevates empathetic patient care engagement and expands targeted intervention delivery system through holistic review of patient profile combining pharmacy and medical data focused on improving medication adherence, optimizing medication regimens, gap in care closure and connecting patients to appropriate resources.
• Chosen by Pharmacy Supervisor & District Leader as Health Hub ambassador to institute innovation through HEALTH HUB initiatives. Successfully transitioned and launched the 1st Health Hub in Arizona in March 2020. Implemented transfiguration updates from Field Leadership, liaised constructive commentary from community patients and individuals team members during biweekly meetings. Drove the entire training program for all HEALTH HUB personnel at location ahead of deadlines expectations.
• Enlivened pharmacy team to refocus on adherence outreach (live burst immunization calls, proactive refill requests, cost saving manufacturer coupons notice) which resulted in 6-week trend of 100% satisfaction score with colleague service on patient care report.
• Served as district training site overseer for essential public health COVID-19 test rollout facilitating training for nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and pharmacy technicians.
• Steered community based COVID-19 testing including troubleshoot of EPIC software and quality control parameters monitoring through interdisciplinary collaboration with nurse practitioner.
• Finalized discharge medication reconciliations for First Fill therapy regimens for continuation of care counseling.
• Led thrice weekly interdisciplinary and interdepartmental meetings with emphasis on agenda setting, recognition and progress follow-ups.
• Initiated consults and document targeted clinical interventions through personalized patient consultation on medication therapy management, blood pressure screening/management, diabetes and smoking cessation counseling, immunization screening and administration.
• Simplified and re-structured diverse immunizations consent forms in a readily retrievable format for audit purposes.
• Appointed by Pharmacy Leader to reform floater pharmacist evaluation form which streamlined better-quality continual feedback to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Pharmacy Manager, Pharmacist-in-Charge (PIC)
Led team of pharmacy personnel and managed pharmacy operations, including regulatory compliance, customer relations, and inventory in a fast-paced retail environment. Applied expertise to conduct comprehensive drug utilization reviews; confirm no drug interactions, allergies, or contraindications exist prior to dispensing medications. Accurately filled, compounded, and dispensed prescription drugs in accordance with prescriber orders. Ordered, oversaw, and maintained drug/narcotics inventory; ensured successful internal/external audits. Devised and implemented strategies to control costs. Streamlined quality assurance documentation processes and storage protocols. Led lean process redesigns to improve pharmacy productivity and efficiency. Developed, revised, and implemented district policy on floater pharmacist surveys. Hired, trained, and motivated staff; celebrated numerous wins through awards and recognition. Exceeded flu shot metrics by partnering with interprofessional healthcare center liaisons and supervising flu shot clinics.
• Created a team roster on patient safety regulation checks that resulted in passing internal and external inventory audits and 75% reduction in the high level of patient safety report incidents. Passed an unpremeditated audit conducted by Board of Pharmacy Compliance officer. Increased production accuracy scans by 65% (narcotics, con...
Login or Register to view the full resume.